theficklewind said: Why should I play Mass Effect?
- STORY. It’s set during a war - a galactic war - so you’re gonna have a lot of enemies.. but also friends and allies, so you’re not gonna be completely alone. With their help - and your (right) decisions - you’ll be able to save the galaxy and if you try hard enough, most of your friends, too :^)
- you can customize your Shepard which is really cool. and we’re not talking just appearance - you can also choose their “Story” (i.e. what happened to them in the past » a few sidequests will revolve around it) and their class (you have 6 classes to choose from )
and based on your decisions, you’re gonna be either Paragon (a.k.a. the “power of words” Shep - his friends are also more likely to survive) or Renegade (a.k.a. a total jerk Shepard who loves shooting people in the face and gives zero fucks) ..or something in between.. but it’s always fun, no matter what you go for
- game is basically a combination of a 3PS (third person shooter) and a RPG. there’s action, there’s dialogues, there’s cutscenes.. so you’re not gonna get bored
- WORLDS TO EXPLORE (need I say more?)
- REALLY COOL DLC’s (I loved especially ME2 Shadow Broker and ME3 Citadel)
- INTERESTING CHARACTERS
- you can probe Uranus in ME2
- you can have fish and a space hamster
- ROMANCES… A LOT OF ROMANCES. SOME OF THEM REALLY SAD. SOME OF THEM NOT SO SAD. ALL OF THEM RAD.
- you can punch reporters in the face
- you can customize your guns and armor
- Shepard can’t dance and it’s funny to watch:
True story my therapist told me it is 100% natural and healthy to have attachments to fictional characters, especially strong hero types because they may have flaws but in the end they always save the day and some people just need that constant positive force in their life.